The AVAILABILITY SUMMARY
While entering several activities, at the top of your screen, and in the Summary tab screen, all entered activities during this calculation are being added in a summary. This summary contains the relevant data to calculate the ‘availability’ of the machine during this calculation. This summary also indicates abnormalities.
|Time registered||Total time registered during this shift|
|Total time per category||Total time of all activities registered per category P-W-F-L-U|
|Availability||(Total Production Time / Shift length) * 100% Please note: Not the time registered, yet the SHIFT LENGTH determines the 100% value of this calculation. Therefore, OEE will keep rising during the shift whenever there is output.|
Notice that TIME REGISTERED is marked in red.
Select the VALIDATION ERRORS tab to see what the error is about:
At the end of the shift, the total time registered should be equal to the shift length.
If there is less or more data registered, the app will display a warning-sign.
In this case the shift was expected to last 480 minutes, yet 475 minutes where registered: Either there was a mistake in the duration of an activity (15 minutes short) or the shift lasted less than expected. The user is now expected to correct an activity duration or the shift duration. Pressing the white in blue arrow button takes you to the designated error.
How will availability be calculated?
During the running shift, there are two ways to calculate the availability:
- (Total Production Time / Total Time registered) * 100%
- The availability will be probably quite ‘bumpy’ during the shift; rising when producing and declining again when idling.
- (Total Production Time / Shift length) * 100%
- Availability will start at 0%, increasing with each production run until its final value at the end of the shift.
- If there is more time registered than shift length, the system will take the total time registered to calculate the availability.
Your OEE Coach software uses the second approach.